Record Yourself with VLC
It is possible to use VLC to capture audio and video from your webcam to a video file. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Open VLC media player
- Click Media > Open Capture Device (or press Ctrl + C)
- From the Video device name dropdown, select your camera.
- From the Audio device name dropdown, select your audio device.
- Click the arrow next to the Play button and click Convert (or press Ctrl + O)
- If you want to see yourself as you record, check the Display the output box in the Settings section.
- In the Destination section, click Browse.
- Browse to the location where you want your video to be saved and enter a name in the File name field.
- Click Save then click Start
- Once you are finished recording, click the Stop button at the bottom of the VLC window.